Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Praise The Lord

Thank you all for praying for my safety. We all survived and fared well. By the time hurricane Gustav hit us, it was a tropical storm so there was only rain and wind. No damage to ANYTHING! Everything was protected and we all kept our spirits high. I know God had a plan and I am priveledged to be a part of it. Thank you all for praying. We had people all around the world praying for our safety. Prayer moves the hand of God.

On a side note, today after lunch we were broken up into teams and we got to go into the neighborhood and help the community and pray for people. It was amazing! So many people are willing to let you pray for them. I was constantly reminded of our outreaches in Bozeman and how so many people didn't want prayer but God used my experiences there to reach people here. My fear of man has greatly diminished and I was a usable vessel of love for these people which I share God's love with. If I had a fear of man, I would shrink back and not pray for people but I was able to be a light and also salt, just as the Word says. I suggested that we make it a part of our regular week, to go out and help the community and help those that need help. Those that are in leadership said they would consider it. I am reminded of John 4:35,

"Do not say four more months and then the harvest, I tell you, lift up your eyes and look, the fields are white with harvest."

So thank you all for your prayers and support. Included are some pictures of my small yet cozy room.

1 comment:

ChristianMichelle416 said...

We saw your undies in your closet! So jealous of all your new shipmates. They have just made a great friend! Love you
Carl and Christian